Tuesday, August 19, 2014

About R4 3DS Snopy

I recently purchased a New Snoopy r4 card 2014 SDHC Real Time Save (Red card with snoopy in top

left, done all the checks and it looks genuine).

This was following the old R4i card I had becoming blocked.

I have a few questions, I am techie so don't get that confused with IT and jargon, but am a

little new to all this ROMS, KERNELS, etc.

I have downloaded the latest kernel software from a website for my card and loaded all the

required folders on the 2GB Micro SanDisk card (This was not bought with the R4 card, I already

had this from an old card, it has been formatted prior to the new card, using the Panasonic

formatter software I downloaded after reading recommendations about not using a windows

formatter to clear the card down).

My questions are as follows..

1. Some of the ROMS I am trying to load seem to freeze after the create save file menu appears.

In fact it seems to be 50% of the ROMS I have just crash as I load them? Is this something I am

doing wrong? I have just loaded the .NDS files onto the Micro SD card.

2. Do the ROMS have to be a certain size (I am assuming not as some that do and don't work are

the same size, so I could not see any consistency on this?).

3. Is there a particular site I should get the ROMs from as I have downloaded from several

sites and cant tell if I have some bad ROMS and some good ones as cant remember which ROM was

from which site?

4. Was I right in reading somewhere that the Snoopy card should be able to play 3DS games at

some stage in the future?

5. How do I ensure this Snoopy card does not get blocked? Is there a failsafe I have to make

sure this does not happen again?

6. Is a 2GB SanDisk Micro SD card big enough, is this the problem? (although I have taken of

80% of the games to leave lots of space on the card and still had crashing problems, so this

idea did not work).

Any help and answers to this would be great as I thought the Snoopy card was going to be great

and all I have had is issues with ROMS crashing randomly. Only thing I do know, is that its the

same ROMS each time the load and fail accordingly, so does look to be the ROMS (for some reason

and more annoyingly, all my favourite Mario games are the crashers, amongst others!)

Thanks again for any help anyone can give me.      

No comments:

Post a Comment